People in India suffered a huge loss due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Now, after a long wait for the cure of Coronavirus, the COVID-19 vaccine has come into existence. Finally, the vaccination process has begun and successfully provided to citizens of India in different waves or phases. Initially, it was available for senior citizens of the age above 60, and then it is also available for the people of age between 18 to 45 years. People who already got vaccinated, sharing stories on social media platforms to motivate others to move for it too.
Primarily, there are two kinds of COVID vaccines available, one of them is Covishield and another is Covaxin. If anyone takes any of the two vaccines, then they will have their handy vaccination certificate. Nowadays, people are having confusion and they are wondering which COVID vaccine is best among Covishield and Covaxin. If you are also facing such issues, then read his article to the end. Here is a discussion about all you need to know.
Comparison Between Covishield and Covaxin As Per Mohfw.gov.in
About Covishield COVID Vaccine
- Covishield is an intramuscular vaccine.
- Covishield is manufactured by the Serum Institute of India (SII) and developed by the Oxford-AstraZeneca.
- Covishield Vaccine is prepared on the viral vector platform. It contains harmless chimpanzee adenovirus – ChAdOx1 that is not capable of infecting the receiver. This vaccine works to teach the human immune system in order to prepare it for a defense mechanism against such Coronavirus effects.
- It is given to people in two doses with a gap of three months between them.
- As per the Medical News Today, the Covishield vaccine is driving good results with an efficacy rate of 81.3%
- It is available for free in government hospitals and private hospitals are charging Rs. 250 per dose.
- Some vaccinated people are experiencing side effects of the Covishield vaccine. Some most common side effects of Covishield include pain or tenderness on the injection point, tiredness, headache, joint or muscle aches, fever, chills, nausea.
About Covaxin & Details
- Covaxin is an intramuscular vaccine.
- This vaccine is developed by Bharat Biotech International Limited that is associated with ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research) and NIV (National Institute of Virology).
- It is an inactivated type of vaccine that is developed with Whole-Virion Inactivated Vero Cell-derived technology that contains inactive viruses. Covaxin makes the immune system prepare for the defense mechanism against active viruses.
- It is required to give in two does with a certain gap.
- As per the report of Medical News Today, it is giving good results with 80.6% of the efficacy rate.
- It is available in government hospitals for free. But private hospitals and clinics are charging Rs. 250 for each dose.
- Covaxin may also have some side effects that include pain, redness, swelling, or itching on the injection site in the body, stiffness or weakness in the upper arm, body pain, headache, nausea, rashes, fever, malaise, and vomiting.